It's easy to start with (a free trial on) the unchain Ethereum Adapter, through the AWS marketplace. Even so, here is a step by step walkthrough:
We'll cover it in four quick steps:
- Subscribing to the Ethereum Adapter (this article)
- Deploying the Ethereum Adapter with Cloudformation
- Configuring the Adapter for use
- Making transactions and testing the adapter
Subscribe to the Ethereum Adapter on the AWS Marketplace
- Find the Unchain adapter. Go to aws.amazon.com/marketplace and search for 'unchain'.
- Review the details on the product detail page, and click "continue to subscribe". Region and instance size selection here are only for price estimation, you'll be asked to select actual deployment details later.
- Sign in; and then read and accept the terms.
- AWS is now checking some of your customer details, this usually takes about a minute or two.
- Congratulations! You have subscribed to (the free trial). Notice that you will also receive an e-mail notifying you of such. You may now continue to the configuration.
- Select the "Cost estimator for starter configuration" to continue with the configuration you started with on the marketplace app. You may select the region to deploy to here. You will be asked about the instance size later.
- Launch the software, or copy to your service catalog. Typically, you'll now launch the deployment wizard, but you may also copy the cloudformation template to your service catalog, for example when you want a DevOps engineer to configure product details.
You next step is: Step 2 - Deploy the Ethereum adapter with CloudFormation